We like to refer to this area of learning as our Junior High, because students are actually preparing for High School! Junior high classes transition students from the self-contained classroom into a departmentalized structure that features specialists in each subject area. Mathematics and English/language arts classes are taught in 90 minute blocks to align with Core Curriculum standards.
The Junior High supports the needs of students to question and explore, to define their beliefs, and move toward self-reliance. Students develop a sense of self worth based on independent learning and guided participation in class subjects.
While adolescents need room to discover their own identity, they also need the security of clear boundaries and caring adults willing to serve as mentors in this process. Our smaller classroom sizes ensure that each child has the guidance to find their gifts, and how to best utilize them. Teachers, recognizing many learning styles, will adapt different approaches for different students to better prepare them for the rigorous demands of a college-prep high school and for life.
- Positive, caring, Christian environment
- Smaller class sizes allow for more one-on-one attention for the student
- Year is divided into trimesters to allow for more in depth study and success
- All grade levels include curricular in religion, reading, English/language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, Spanish, art, music and physical education
- Weekly classes also in health
- Enhanced technology program incorporating Chromebooks/Google
- Highly qualified teachers with many years of experience and advanced degrees work together for the success of each student
- Innovated Curriculum-Based Technology
- Strong parent involvement creates family atmosphere
For Our Future
In addition to our long standing history of academic excellence, St. Anastasia is also looking to the future. Our strategic plan incorporates the following enhancements in the next 1 to 5 years:
- Updated Science, Math and Language Arts Curriculums
- Math Interventionist